"You can tell so much about who someone is just by their personal style". - Rihanna
You can find that quote at the end of every newsletter from personal style blogger Sharee Burns, aka _vixxen, the founder of Ro$es Are Red. Rarely are we super obsessed over someone’s style, but it’s hard not to fall in love with Sharee’s curated Instagram and her millennial chic website www.rosesareredstyle.com. She creates looks that are simultaneously inspirational and attainable, especially for the curvy gals. We caught up with Sharee and lucky she’s agreed to drop some essentials on us! Check out what keeps this busy girl on the go, below :)
S H A R E E B U R N S
Personal Style Blogger, Ro$es are Red
Style Guru, College Fashionista
- Mario Badescu Rosewater Facial Spray, THE HOLY GRAIL! Being a fashion blogger is more than creating bomb ass looks, but also making sure my skin looks amazing. On days when I am not shooting and want to post a chill pic on Instagram, I love to spray this all over to brighten and awake my skin. It also seals in my serum, softens my skin and gives it a nice glow.
- Buxom Full-on Lip Gloss (Hot Toddy), This is my favorite lipgloss ever; I cannot live without it! Lately, I have been gravitating more towards natural beats with my looks lately, wearing brown lip liner with this lipgloss on top. I have full lips, but love how this gloss enhances my lips and gives me a nice popping 2000s vixen look.
- Lait De Coco Shimmering Body Oil, I love my skin to smell good, be soft and glow! This oil does all that in one. It is super lightweight so it doesn’t feel heavy on your skin and very airy. I love wearing this when I am going to wear something strapless or a spaghetti style dress.
- Clear Perspex Heels, I recommend that every babe have at least one pair of these heels in their closets. I love how versatile these shoes are and can be worn dressed up or down. Added bonus, they come in various styles and colors.
- High-Waist Flare Leg Jeans, Skinny jeans are an obvious staple in everybody’s wardrobe, but my go-to lately has been super wide leg pants. These jeans are my favorite because they give me a cool 70s Joan Jett meets Donna Summer vibe and they hug my curves in all the right places perfectly, making my bum look like a Georgia fatty! I plan to wear them a lot this fall and winter season.
- Little Black Dress, Every fabulous woman should have an LBD in their closet. I love this dress, because I can wear it by its self during warmer weather and during the colder weather, I can layer with a long sleeve bodysuit and tights underneath for a chic look.
- Bodysuit, Bodysuits are such great pieces to own. I love how they complete a look so perfectly. I have about thirty pairs of them. In different colors and style, sheer, Chinese neck, Bandeau, spaghetti strap, the list goes on! These also can easily make a look. When I want to be on my Kim K, sexy vixen look, I love to pair my nude bandeau with matching lace-front jeans and nude heels for a mono-chromatic look.
- Black Latex Perspex Boots, Every time I wear these boots, I feel so bad-ass and sexy. Like the matrix meets Grace Jones. I love wearing them with my maxi body-con dress and Chinese inspired bodysuit. Very comfortable but cute.
- Gold Chains (Rose pendant, heart filigree and baby girl), I literally do not wear any other jewelry except buy chains! I try to get away from them, but I can’t. Blame it on my parents for giving me gold necklaces when I was little. I wear them dressed up or down and they always remind me of when times were great in the early 2000s and bootylicious was the national anthem.
- Marble Notebook, This notebook is where all the creativity begins. Every idea, outfits and blog drafts begin here. It looks like just a notebook, but this is the first item I received after I lost everything in a apartment fire. A complete stranger bought it for me while my aunt and I were in Sam’s picking out things for my new house. Ever since then, it seems every idea that I write down in my journal always comes back in ways I could never imagine. Kind of like my good-luck journal.
- Wolfie Sunglasses, I live for vintage inspired cat-eye sunglasses. When I wear these, I get so much compliments, plus they just add the cool-factor to any outfit.
- Black O-ring belt, I call this my Morticia Addams belt. It reminds me of the smart, sexy and original glam goth queen. I love wearing them with my high-waist mom jeans or with a mxi body-con dress to accentuate my waist.